English is a tough language to master. The spelling system alone is notoriously inconsistent and tough to grasp for both native speakers and new learners. We can only imagine what it’s like to encounter English spelling, grammar, and punctuation with no prior experience with the language.
In this type of scenario, taking a shortcut of any kind - usually through online translation tools like Google Translate - is an understandable temptation. The only thing is, these tools don’t always work very well, and if you rely on them too much, you may end up in a pretty hilarious situation. This is exactly what has happened with the authors of these hilarious public signs. Scroll down to get a good laugh!
1. What a cute little mistake!
2. Close, but wrong!
3. A sign somewhere in England...
4. The rare sign that sabotages itself
5. That's some pretty extreme company policy, don't you agree?
6. Don't come near, this freezer is crazy!
7. Which ones would you wear? I gravitate towards the Coco-Colo
8. This seemingly innocent sign has some pretty macabre undertones...
9. The bar is set pretty low
10. Challenge accepted!
11. Is this the Ploice?
12. What a mean washing machine!
13. This is why every official structure needs a professional writer on staff
14. Honesty is the best policy!
15. "Should I wait or run?"
16. Coffee machine: "I am fear. I am destruction. I am disorder."
17. Don't we all have at least one year of zero experience?
18. Everyone gets a sandwich, but those who are sad get a "sadwich"
19. I think this sign just broke my brain...
20. Is this a question or a threat?
Share these hilarious signs with those who need a good laugh!