Murphy's Laws of Computing:
1. When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant it to happen.
2. When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete.
3. The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.
4. When the going gets tough, upgrade.
5. For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.
6. To err is human.. to blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human, it is downright natural.
7. He who laughs last probably made a back-up.
8. If at first you do not succeed, blame your computer.
9. A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
10. The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions.
11. A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.
Mother doesn’t want a dog. Mother says they smell, And never sit when you say sit, Or even when you yell. When you come home late at night And there is ice and snow, You have to go back ou because The dumb dog has to go. Mother doesn’t wat a dog. Mother says they shed, And always let the strangers in And bark at friends instead They do disgraceful things on rugs, And track mud on the floor, And flop upon your bed at night And snore their doggy snore. Mother doesn’t want a dog. She’s making a mistake. Because, more than a dog, I think She will not want this snake.
A new business was opening and one of the owner's friends wanted to send him flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the new business site and the owner read the card, which said: "Rest in Peace."
The owner was angry and called the florist to complain.
After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist replied:
"Sir, I'm really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry, you should imagine this - somewhere, there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying:
“Congratulations on your new location!”
One day a blond walks into a doctors office with both of her ears burnt. The doctor asked her what had happened. She says, "well... when I was ironing my work suit the phone rang and I picked up the iron instead of the phone by mistake. "Well that explains one ear, but what about the other?" "The bastard called again."
Halloween was nearly over, and the zombie was hurrying to get back to her tomb before the sun came up. She was rushing so much, she didn't even notice the headstone was the wrong shape before she got in. It was a grave mistake.
A man likes sending random stuff to his friends through the mail because he finds it funny. This particular time the man takes some lettuce to the post office to ship to a friend from back home. He tries to package it up but it won't fit unless he cuts it into smaller peices. He cuts it up and stuffs it in a large envelope, however he forgets to write out and attach a shipping label. He doesn't realize his mistake at the time and brings it to the counter to send.
The postal workers says: "You can't send a salad like that, it needs adressing".