The photography app Agora held another photo competition, this time the theme was ‘Water’. Just like with the Wild 2020 competition, the winners were voted democratically, by the app’s users. The winners had a chance at winning prizes ranging from $1,000 to $25,000.
Water is one of the most serene and beautiful subjects for a nature photographer. “Water molecules are a blend of millions of years of history and have passed through many oceans, continents, and beings of all kinds. It has evolved from liquid to solid states countless times over the course of time,” said Octavi Royo, Agora’s CEO and co-founder.
Take a look at some of the finalist's submissions, and let yourself be swept to rivers, seas, and lakes all around the world.
For more information visit Agora's website.
1. Brings Happiness To The Face, Tanzania
2. Afternoon Sunlight Magic, Inle Lake, Myanmar
3. A Lone Surfer Braving The Winter Cold On The Cornish North Coast, Cornwall, UK
4. A Horse Would Like To Be A Seahorse, Lombok, Indonesia
5. Frozen Water Creates A Path For Climbers, Utah, United States
6. A Sunset Flight Over The Waterfall Of The Gods, Iceland
7. Herrerillo Posándose, Lloret de Mar, Spain
8. Underwater Prayers, Hue, Vietnam
9. Bubbling Boiling Water In Bolivia, South Bolivia
10. Fishing, Inle Lake, Myanmar
11. Chapi Dream, Gia Lai, Vietnam
12. Lost, Rattray Head, Scotland
13. Stepwell In Jodhpur, Jodhpur, India
14. Spotting These 3 Cruising Up The Coast Made My Day, Queensland, Australia
15. Kerið, Iceland
16. Catching Fish, Quảng Ngãi, Vietnam
17. Sunset On The Salt Field, Nha Trang, Vietnam
18. A Person In Yellow At Skogafoss, Iceland