Macro photography is such a fascinating medium that allows us to admire even the tiniest of things from an extreme close-up. These days, a lot of photography contests try to give macro photographers a chance to showcase their skills. The International Garden Photographer of the Year (IGPOTY) competition is one such platform that has recently announced the winners of its 2020 Macro Art photography contest.
IGPOTY exhibits multiple themed contests throughout the year and for the Macro Art contest, it allowed photographers to reveal the hidden wonders of garden life through their macro lens. You’d be really surprised to know how intricately a garden’s life can be explored from up close and how strikingly beautiful it can look. The winners of the 2020 Macro Art photography contest have done exactly that and show us some truly unique and staggering parts of the world of gardens through their richly detailed photos.
Let’s now check out the stunning photographs of the winners from this contest.
1. “Botanic Loop” by Bruno Militelli, São Paulo, Brazil. 1st Place.
2. “Mountain of Tulip Petals” by Anne MacIntyre, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England. 2nd Place.
3. “Shepherd's Purse Seed” by Zhang Ye Fei, Jiangyin, Jiangsu, China. 3rd Place.
4. “Rainbow Lily” by Ecaterina Leonte, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. Finalist.
5. “Vortex Blossom” by Bruno Militelli, São Paulo, Brazil. Finalist.
6. “Common Blues on Apple Mint” by Tony North, Hoe Grange Quarry Butterfly Nature Reserve, Derbyshire, England. Highly Commended.
7. “Peep through the Window” by Minghui Yuan, Dabie Mountains, Hubei Province, China. Highly Commended.
8. “On the Look Out” by Christine Blanchin Dos Santos, Torreira, Aveiro, Portugal. Highly Commended.
9. “Silver-Studded Blues on Heather” by Qasim Syed, London, England. Commended.
10. “Jewels” by Wei Fu, King Rama IX Park, Bangkok, Thailand. Commended.
11. “The Hunter” by Rob Blanken, Veenwouden, Friesland, The Netherlands. Commended.
12. “Posing” by Barbora Polivkova, Rainforest, Costa Rica. Commended.
13. “Leaf Structure” by Dinah Jayes, RHS Hampton Court Flower Show, London, England. Commended.
14. “Butterfly Wing V” by Petar Sabol, Goričan, Croatia. Commended.
15. “Flying Wishes” by Kristina Zvinakeviciute, Manchester, England. Finalist.
16. “The Presence” by Peter Pullan, Carmel, Western Australia, Australia. Finalist.
17. “Enigma Rubra” by Peter Pullan, Bridgetown, Western Australia, Australia. Commended.
18. “Camassia after the Rain” by Marie Phelan, Studio, Republic of Ireland. Commended.
19. “You Can Leave Your Hat On” by Ingeborg Hartgerink-Grandia, Hoogerheide, North Brabant, The Netherlands. Commended.
20. “Wild Carrot Flowers in the Late Afternoon” by Rachele Z.Cecchini, Private Garden, Salzburg, Austria. Commended.
Share this post with someone who loves photography...