1. The sinking of the ocean liner, SS Normandie on 9 February 1942 at New York City’s pier 88.
2. A 16-year-old Arnold Schwarzenegger at his first body-building competition.
3. Impressive catch by the fishermen of the Volga river in Russia, 1924.
4. A young husky snuggles up to an Inuit girl, 1949.
5. Surfing back in 1922.
6. Bikers back in the 1960s.
7. A boy watches television for the first time through a shop window, 1948.
8. James Naismith, the creator of basketball, with this wife, shooting hoops.
9. A graduation ceremony held in 1895.
10. An Iranian woman. This photo was taken in 1960.
11. Margaret Hamilton, the principal software engineer for NASA, 1969.
12. Famous poet Joseph Brodsky with his students. This photo was taken in Michigan in the 1980s.
13. Linda Christian, the first ’Bond girl’, 1945.
14. King George VI of Britain feeling child-like as he makes his way down a slide, 1938.
15. Fawzia Fuad, Princess of Iran and Queen of Egypt, 1939.
16. During an ice hockey game in 1962, players of the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Chicago Black Hawks search for Jack Evans’ lost contact lens.
17. A photo of Geishas taken in 1920s Japan.
18. Pictured below, brothers Adolf and Rudolf Dassler, who founded famous sport’s companies Adidas and Puma.
19. The Opening Ceremony of the XXII summer Olympic Games in Moscow, in 1980.
20. Soldiers of the Caucasus in the early 20th century.