The world can be a dark and dreary place, and to tune into the news regularly is sometimes equal to taking a deep dive into depression, but as the adage goes: “darkness cannot exist without light”. All it takes is a bit more attention to detail and you'll be able to find so much beauty, love, and goodness in this world, and more than enough reason to be hopeful for the future.
1. This awesome aunt set up a DIY drive-in theater for her nephews and nieces, complete with cardboard cars to sit inside.
2. This young lady noticed a hare that was so dehydrated it couldn’t bring itself to run or hide when she approached, so she brought it water.
3. These fine young men helped a distraught couple change a flat tire and would not take any money for their efforts.
4. A complete stranger responded to this woman’s plea on Facebook for someone to come and braid her hair in the hospital because she wanted to look pretty.
5. Pedro the turtle lost both his hind legs. The vets at LSU Veterinary Medicine helped him get back on his feet by giving him wheels.
6. These people volunteered to spend the 4th of July comforting shelter dogs who were scared of the fireworks.
7. This young man noticed the older gentleman having trouble navigating, so he spent the next 20 minutes teaching the man how to use Google Maps and GPS.
8. On his special day, during the wedding photoshoot, he noticed a kid flopping in the water. Suit ruined? Pssh. Life saved.
9. Boundless kindness.
10. She was having a bad day when this random dog approached and asked to be pet. Day instantly improved.
11. This anonymous person drove 10 miles to deliver this lost wallet, didn’t take a thing out of it and didn’t leave a name.
12. Every year on Valentine’s, this man invites the widows in the nearby retirement home for dinner, each receiving a rose and a gift bag.
13. Her daughter died a year ago, and this man received her heart. He is letting her listen to her daughter’s heart.
14. Zazu the toucan lost half of his bill. Thankfully, modern technology allowed them to print him a new one.