Japan is a country which has a rich culture that combines old traditions from the past centuries with today’s incredible technology. Therefore, due to their unique place in both history and the present, it’s little wonder that Japanese life differs greatly from the one that we’re used to. In fact, sometimes, this country surprises us so much that we’d be forgiven for thinking that it’s from another planet. The following 16 photos prove that Japan is unlike any other country.
1. Japanese schools don't have cleaners. Instead, the students do the cleaning in order to show gratitude to the school and to become more productive members of society.
2. This is how smooth the bullet train is in Japan.
3. Japan has to have the most beautiful manhole covers in the world.
4. Drink cans have the brand's name written in braille on the top.
5. Etiquette rules are always obeyed!
6. This lost bag was placed under a tree with nothing being stolen.
7. Umbrella lockers ensure that you don't have to carry them around inside and makes sure that nobody accidentally takes yours.
8. Koi live in their drainage channels.
9. This shopping center has free refrigerated lockers so you can keep shopping after you get your groceries.
10. Expectations always meet reality in Japan.
11. Some trains in Japan are equipped with footbaths so you can have a more relaxing trip.
12. Almost everyone in Japan reverse parks.
13. Restaurants display fake food that looks just like the one you'll get when you order.
14. This vending machine is selling fresh farm eggs.
15. Some elevators have a signal that lights up if it's raining outside.
16. Square watermelons can be bought as they fit in the fridge better.