Rephotography, also known as repeat photography, is the act of taking photos at a specific location at two different moments in time to show evidence of change. Merging historic, archival photographs with a more recent, modern view of the same site in the present day is a good example of rephotography.
In this post, we have shared some fascinating then and now photos from different locations in the world to show how much time affects everything. From Poznań Old Square to the Roman Theatre of Cartagena, these before and after photos will leave your jaw hanging open.
1. Tiergarten, Berlin (1945 & 2021)
2. Haarlemmerdijk Street In Amsterdam, Netherlands (1971 and 2020)
3. Vishram Ghat - Mathura, India (1903 and 2021)
4. 1910 Great Flood Of Paris and Now
5. Youngstown, Ohio (1951 and Present Day)
6. Roman Theatre Of Cartagena, Province Of Murcia, Spain (1991 vs. 2021)
7. Poznań Old Square, Poland - WW2 vs. Present Day
8. Minami-Sanriku, Japan (2011 vs. 2020)
9. Poznań, Poland - 1946 vs. 2021
10. Besikli Cave Tomb In Hatay, Turkey (1932 and 2018)
11. Positano, Italy (1920 vs. 2022)
12. Butchery Lane, Canterbury, In 1895, 1920, 1992 and 2022
13. Verdun Battlefield, France - 1916 vs. Now
14. 1000-Year-Old Toghrol Tower In The City Of Rey, Iran (1840s and Now)
15. Manhattan in 1851 and Present-Day
16. Gooderham Flatiron Building, Toronto (1895 vs. Today)
17. Roman Forum in Rome, Italy (1864 vs. Present Day)
18. Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal (1910 vs. 2010)
19. Loket, Czech Republic (1900 and Today)
20. Torun, Poland (1920s and Now)
Share these photos with your friends and family...