15 Hilarious Amateur Recreations of Famous Paintings
Who says life during a quarantine has to be boring? These 15 hilarious amateur painting recreations prove that people are still able to express creativity and stay positive (and witty) in the face of adversity. As a recent stay-at-home campaign, the Getty Museum in Los Angeles asked Twitter users to recreate their favorite famous works of art from home and publish them on Twitter tagging the famous museum. As a result, thousands of submissions were made, each one funnier and more talented than the previous. Here we have collected the funniest of all to add some positivity and brightness to your day!
1. When someone asks you to DIY the Arnolfini Portrait by Jan van Eyck...
2. The Resemblance is Uncanny!
3. A Modern Dog and an Equally Modern Gramophone
4. Whistler's Great Granddaughter, We Presume...
5. Even Dali Couldn't Conceive of a Melting Dog Along with a Melting Clock
6. Yet Another Masterful Recreation!
7. Like Two Drops of Water
8. Remarkable Acting on Behalf of the Kitty!
9. We Wonder Who Won the Game
10. A Similar Contest Was Conducted by the Pinchuk Art Centre in Kyiv, Here's Our Fav Recreation
11. Nailed It!
12. The Pillow Is a Nice and Necessary Touch
13. This One Just Speaks for Itself, Hilarious!
14. Possibly Our Favorite Piece of the Bunch
15. Actually, the Drawing Turned Out Quite Well. Good Job, Doggo!