Olive oil is loaded with vitamins A, D, E, and K, and several antioxidants - such as oleic acid and squalene - that help protect the skin from the harmful impact of free radicals. Additionally, olive oil is known to moisturize your skin, as it contains essential fatty acids. It also has the ability to help reduce signs of aging and restore the skin’s elasticity.
Olive oil gets its anti-aging and antioxidant properties from the polyphenols found in vitamins E and C that help enhance skin cell turnover.
Incorporating a small amount of this oil into your beauty regimen can help moisturize your skin and add a natural glow to it.
5 Easy Ways to Use Olive Oil for Glowing Skin
The benefits of olive oil for our skin are undeniably fabulous. So, how can you incorporate this amazing ingredient into your beauty routine? Here are a few ways you can use olive oil for natural skincare.
1. Hydrating face mask
Here is a multi-purpose face mask that you can use throughout the year. Apart from olive oil, this face mask also contains honey, orange zest, and egg yolks, giving it anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties along with vitamin C.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 teaspoon raw honey
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
* 1 egg yolk (for dry skin) or 1 egg white (for oily skin).
1. Mix the olive oil, honey, and orange zest in a bowl.
2. Add in the egg yolk or the egg white, keeping in mind your skin type. Whisk properly.
3. Apply a layer of the mask to your clean face and neck with a makeup brush. Allow it to sit for about 15-20
4. Wash off the mask with warm water.
For the best results, apply this face mask twice a week.
2. Refreshing moisturizer
As we mentioned above, olive oil makes for a fantastic moisturizer. Here is a simple recipe for an olive oil-based moisturizer that will hydrate your skin much better than those expensive store-bought products.
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 2 tablespoons coconut oil
* 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
* 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
* 5 drops of lavender oil (or any essential oil of choice).
1. Melt the ingredients using a double boiler. Add a few inches of water to the bottom pot. Set another pot on top. Add all the ingredients to the top pot.
2. Heat the ingredients on medium-to-low heat. Keep stirring until they are completely melted.
3. Remove from heat and pour the liquid into a small jar. Let it cool.
4. Check after an hour. The ingredients should have cooled and have a gel-like consistency.
5. Apply a small amount regularly to the dry areas of your skin.
3. Detoxifying body scrub
This amazing body scrub will help remove dead skin and brighten your complexion. It will also promote blood circulation and rejuvenate your skin.
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup sea salt
* 1 cup raw sugar
* 10 drops of lavender essential oil
* 10 drops of frankincense essential oil.
1. Mix the sugar, sea salt, and olive oil in a bowl and stir well.
2. Add the essential oil into the mix and blend.
3. Store the mix in an airtight reusable container.
4. Massage the scrub all over your body while you’re in a shower. Make sure you rub it well over the areas that need exfoliation like your elbows or the bottoms of your feet.
5. Rinse off with warm water.
Related: Olive Oil Is Useful All Around the House - Here’s 10 Ideas
4. Lip scrub
This is an incredibly easy and useful recipe that exfoliates chapped lips. Applying it regularly will remove the dead skin cells from your lips and keep the lips hydrated.
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1 teaspoon granulated brown sugar
* One drop of peppermint oil.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Massage the mixture on your lips gently. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Wash it off with warm water.
4. Apply a lip balm to maintain the moisture of your lips.
Share this post with your friends and family...