Our world is full of curious wonders you have probably never seen before. For example, there are vending machines in airports in France that actually dispense short stories for people while they wait for their flight. Then, there are also stairs in Japan that show you how many calories you are burning! Today, we will take a look at a few such fascinating pictures of things that will make you admire our world just a little bit more. Scroll on.
Related: Our World is a Place of Wonder & Curiosity - 18 Photos
1. A close-up of a turtle’s skin
2. Wood ear fungus (Auricularia auricula-judae) that looks like an actual giant ear!
3. When woodpeckers eat walnuts, this is how they break them open
4. This is how brick streets are laid
5. Stairs in Tokyo show you how many calories you are burning. Neat, huh?
6. So this is how peanuts grow!
7. A closeup of a chameleon’s foot
8. Some toilets in Japan have places to put your child
9. “Number 4 is bad luck in China, so they changed floor 44 to 43A in this building.”
10. This is what a can of Coca-Cola looks like in China
11. A tiny brick flat in London
12. Some countries have salty toothpaste. This one's from Thailand.
13. A sculpture at the Philadelphia Convention Center made of bowls, Chinese spoons, teacups, and saucers.
14. Did you know that cones open and close depending on how wet and dry they are?
15. Airports in France have installed “Short Story Dispenser” machines in various places that print out free short stories for you to read while you wait.
Share these fascinating pictures with friends and family...