A 17-year-old Indian boy recently woke up while on the way to his OWN funeral. Kumar Marewad had fallen ill after he was bitten by a stray dog. With his condition deteriorating rapidly, he was quickly taken to hospital in a critical condition.
From that point onward, his health deteriorated quickly, to the point where he had to be put on life support. Inevitably, his family reached the point at which they had to make a decision to turn off the life support machine.
Hasty arrangements for his funeral, which was scheduled to take place as soon as the machine was turned off, were made. To everyone’s shock and disbelief, Kumar woke up hyperventilating, just one mile away from the site of his own funeral.
He was immediately rushed back to hospital, with doctors suspecting that he was suffering from meningoencephalitis, an infection he picked up from the dog bite. It causes swelling of both the brain and the meninges, or the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord.
His parents, speaking to the Times of India, said that he had stopped going to school and took up work as a construction laborer in order to support his family. Kumar has an elder brother who has a physical disability.
What caused Kumar to suddenly come back to life is uncertain, but there are numerous explanations for what transpired. The most likely explanation is that after being taken off life support, the anesthetic and sedative drugs that were still in his system had rendered him paralyzed. As the effect of the drugs wore off, he regained consciousness and was able to move once again.
No doctors had pronounced him dead prior to the incident taking place, so it’s likely that this slip-up had a role in how events played, or appeared to have played, out. While other reports of such incidents from around the world have been published before, they’re almost unheard of.
Just imagine how surreal it would be – waking up on the way to your own funeral!
Content Source: Shocking News
Images (including cover) by Deposit Photos.