Did you know that there are around 8.7 million species of animals and plants on our planet? 8.7 million is a figure so vast that the human mind cannot grasp its full magnitude. But this huge number definitely brings home the bigger idea that nature is vastly diverse and ever-surprising. It explains how mother nature keeps catching us off guard and teaching us new, amazing things about the world. These 20 pictures may only scratch the surface of nature’s diverse beauty, but they’re more than enough to render us speechless!
1. A view at Mt.Fuji from Shizuoka, Japan
2. This is a cross fox - a red fox that has a dark stripe running down its back
3. A composite image of the Moon during the longest partial eclipse of the past 500 years
4. An eruption of Mt. Etna looming over the Italian city of Catania
5. Have you ever seen a squirrel nest?
6. A dry leaf lined with tiny mushrooms
7. A group of chubby cardinals in the snow
8. This tiny figure is like a drop of water in the ocean...
9. A barn owl displaying its magnificent flowers
10. The sculptural Basalt Canyon in Iceland
11. A baby lynx and its mother
12. This tree's will to survive is astonishing!
13. This is the endangered Andean Cat
14. A cloud turned the moon into Saturn
15. A honeybee feeding on nectar, all covered in pollen
16. The partially frozen Helmcken Falls in Canada
17. A beautiful Mandarin duck cleaning its colorful feathers
18. A group of reindeer walking under the Northern Lights
19. This owl mistook a duck egg for its own and raised this duckling
20. A stunning morning in Iceland
Share these stunning images with family and friends!