The world beneath our oceans is so fascinating and magical. From time to time, we get to witness this amazing world through stunning underwater photographs. However, there’s so much beauty hiding beneath the underwater realm that it will take a lifetime of pictures to cover it.
The Ocean Art Underwater Photo Competition, organized by the Underwater Photography Guide, attempts to bring out the wonders of this world through their contest. Their “Safe Under the Sea” contest has allowed photographers from all over the world to share the beauty of our oceans. Furthermore, through this competition, they also aim to help aid the WHO and CDC Foundation in their fight to improve the health of the planet and its people. The Underwater Photography Guide donated 25% of the proceeds from the competition to these two organizations that are determined at finding a cure for COVID-19.
Here, we have put together some of the winning images from the “Safe Under the Sea” contest. While this may be a smaller, mid-year contest, the pictures are no less impactful and glorious. Take a look.
1. "The Best of Show", Conservation, (1st place) by Edwar Herreno.
2. "Behavior"(1st place) by Yung Sen Wu
3. "Blackwater"(1st place) by Eric Hou
4. "Cold Water" (1st place) by Joanna Smart
5. "Compact Behavior" (1st place) by Stan Chen
6. "Compact Macro" (1st place) by Uwe Schmolke
7. "Compact Wide" (1st place) by Yannick Bruynoghe
8. "Compact Wide" (2nd place) by Stephanie Doniger
9. "Compact Wide" (3rd place) by Yung Sen Wu
10. "Macro" (1st place) by Lars Michaelis
11. "Portrait" (1st place) by Jacopo Brunetti
12. "Shipwreck" (1st place) by Taner Atilgan
13. "Wide Angle" (1st place) by Paul Cox
14. "Wide Angle" (2nd place) by Petr Pola
15. "Wide Angle" (3rd place) by Edwar Herreno
Share this post with other nature lovers!