There is something special about Bob Ross, and that is evident from the fact that he continues to inspire, years after his death. Ross was a painter, sculptor, and television host who came to prominence with the instructional TV program The Joy of Painting. Ross’ laid-back approach and calm demeanor are what made the show, with unforgettable catchphrases like, like “happy little trees”, he used while he painted.
The landscapes he painted, filled with mountains, lakes, snow, and log cabin scenes are heavily influenced by the years Ross spent living in Canada. The serenity of his paintings definitely matched that of his spirit. Here are some of the most feel-good quotes Bob ross has left.
1. "Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.”
2. “Exercising the imagination, experimenting with talents, being creative; these things, to me, are truly the windows to your soul.”
3. “There are no mistakes, just happy accidents.”
4. “The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.”
5. “There's nothing in the world that breeds success like success.”
6. “They say everything looks better with odd numbers of things. But sometimes I put even numbers — just to upset the critics.”
7. “I think there’s an artist hidden at the bottom of every single one of us.”
8. “Don’t forget to tell these special people in your life just how special they are to you.”
9. “You need the dark in order to show the light.”
10. “When you have this much power you must use it kindly.”
11. "Anytime you learn, you gain.”
12. “Even a little tree will grow up to be a big tree. All it needs is water, sunshine, and love - the same as all of us.”
13. “It’s life. It’s interesting. It’s fun.”
14. “If you have to do something over again, it doesn’t mean you’re bad, it just means you’re normal.”