If you look at the palm of your left and right hand, you’ll notice lines. These aren’t age wrinkles or proof of hard work, but rather the lines of our lives. Cheiromantics is the scientific name for the study of the palm, and although this is a complete and complex bible, we decided to try to simplify and explain four main lines: the heart line, the head line, the life line and the fate line. Here is a brief guide to palm reading!
The right hand usually represents the practical mind - elements such as livelihood, success, and personality. The left hand, on the other hand, represents the emotional mind - feelings, love, family and children.
Some suggest that every person should read their dominant hand. Some say that women should read their left hand and men their right hand, but there isn’t a set rule. Most experts suggest looking at both hands to get a complete picture.
As stated, Cheiromantics is a complex theory based on the cross-referencing of different data represented by the various lines. However, there are some basic characteristics that can teach you a thing or two about yourself and your life.
The heart line represents the emotional side of our life and reading it will help you understand what kind of person you are.
The head line represents your cold and calculated side. This is the side of you that is responsible for conscious decisions, for interpersonal communication and for reason.
The life line is not an indication of life expectancy, rather it’s related to your quality of life, and health.
• Dark, uniform and clear line - You enjoy good health and a good life.
• Fractures in the life line - You have experienced crises, difficulties, changes or health problems in your life.
• Short and shallow line – you have a tendency to be easily influenced by others.
• A straight line that reaches the tip of your palm - You are careful in relationships, experience irritability and discomfort.
• A line close to your thumb - you tend to get tired easily.
• A line with a wide twist - You are perceived as very lively.
This line is considered the most mystical of all the lines on the palm. This line touches upon the delicate balance between external circumstances, or fate, and the circumstances of which we have control over.