Who doesn't love chicken Parmesan? The pieces of chicken, breaded and fried, smothered with tomato sauce, covered with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese, and baked until the cheese is bubbly and has melted into every nook and cranny. It is a easy-to-make dish that satisfies so many cravings. So how do we make it easier and make a lot more for everybody who wants some? Well, the answer is easy - we turn it into a delicious casserole.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole (Serves 6-8)
• 2 pounds chicken thighs, diced
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
• ½ cup shredded Parmesan
• 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup panko, toasted
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc.), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 11 1/2-inch-by-7 1/2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place the chopped chicken in the pan, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Pour the marinara sauce over the top and mix well. Sprinkle the two cheeses over the the top of the chicken and sauce.
4. In a small bowl, combine the panko, herbs, and olive oil. Spread the seasoned panko evenly on the top of the cheese layer.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 15 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through and the casserole has begun to brown and is bubbling. Serve over spaghetti.