Does the mere mention of the word “heights” make you jittery? Are you someone who feels nervous even while looking down from your first-floor balcony? Then be warned – do not look at these photos, for they may trigger your acrophobia. Fear of heights is one of the most common phobias and it’s estimated that about 3% to 6% of people have acrophobia.
The pictures below include someone doing a back flip on the edge of a cliff, climbers resting on a mountainside, and a woman jumping rope over the city. These crazy photos are not for the faint-hearted. Although I must admit, they are incredibly cool to see.
Related: These Ice-Cool Jumpers' Audacity Takes My Breath Away!
1. Matt Bush (Baseball player) hanging five on the first free-solo ascent of 'Heaven on Earth'. Photo by Micky Wiswedel
2. The best vantage point to admire Rio de Janeiro
3. A moist, steep staircase in India
4. Enough cycling. Let's fly!
5. Extreme Unicycling
6. 40 story spiral staircase in São Paulo
7. The Eiger Summit Ridge, Switzerland
8. Painters on the then tallest building in the world, Woolworth Building, New York, 1926
9. Climbers resting on a mountainside in Yosemite
10. The view of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse from atop the suspension cabling, 1940
11. That's an odd place to jump rope, don't you think?
12. The International Highline Meeting in Monte Piana, in the northern Italian Alps
13. Someone decided to savor the views at Yonah Mountain in North Georgia. My question is: how does he get back up?
14. Highline above Yosemite Valley
15. Doing a backflip at Trolltunga, Norway. (Photo by Robert Godwin)
Share these photos with friends and family...