Can you smell autumn in the air? Not yet? In that case, we have just what you need, some urgent and delicious inspiration that will not only make your home smell like a cinnamon and nut dream, but it will also fill your tummy with a delicious, sweet and savory treat. This wonderful recipe is, of course, very easy to make, but its main virtue is that it combines all of our favorite fall ingredients: cinnamon, nuts, maple syrup and sweet potatoes.
The video below shows how to make this recipe and you can find the recipe itself after the video:
Cooking time: 50 minutes (of this 5 minutes prep time)
Servings: 2 servings
1. Preheat the oven to 218°C (425°F).
2. Cut slits into the sweet potato every half a centimeter (¼ inch), but be careful and don't cut all the way through, keeping around 1 cm (½ inch) uncut. Repeat with all your potatoes. Tip: Use a chopstick or two as a guide as in the video.
3. Put the potatoes in a lined pan, rub the oil into the sweet potatoes and add a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Bake the potatoes for 30-40 minutes, they should be ready when they soften.
5. Now remove the sweet potatoes, but DON'T turn the oven off. Instead, increase the temperature to 230°C (450°F), as we will glaze and crisp them up in a minute.
6. Combine butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nuts, and kosher salt in a bowl and mix together. Using a spoon, spread this mixture over the sweet potatoes, making sure you get in-between the slices.
7. Now put the potatoes back into the oven and bake until caramelized, approximately 8-10 minutes.
Voila! Your potatoes are done! Let these cool a little before serving a spoon some of the sauce left in the pan over the potatoes to make them even juicier.
Image source: weeklywoo