Do you suffer from excessive gas and bloating, and don’t know how to deal with the annoying and embarrassing situation? You’ll be pleased to hear that there are a number of healthy and tasty infusions that can improve the discomfort caused by the accumulation of intestinal gas, as well as reduce the accompanying symptoms such as abdominal pain and heaviness. Choose your favorite ingredients from the next 6 infusions, and make the drink that will improve your digestion and give you quick relief.
This is one of the most recommended treatments for abdominal pain, indigestion, diarrhea and gas, thanks to fennel’s toxin cleansing ability through the urinary system. The wonderful effects of fennel can be strengthened with a little bit of cardamom, which will help to eliminate gas.
1. Put the fennel seeds and cardamom into the boiling cup of water.
2. Cover the cup and steep for 10 minutes.
3. Sift the drink through a sieve to remove the fennel and cardamom.
4. Drink after each main meal.
2. Ginger infusion
Ginger is a medicinal herb that has been used for the treatment of digestive problems for more than 2,000 years, and it is recommended to be used for digestion and gas problems to this day. The active ingredient in fresh ginger called Gingerol has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that effectively manage gas and swelling.
1. Boil the water in a pot over medium-high heat and add the ginger.
2. Lower the flame and cook the root for 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove the ginger root and add the lemon juice and honey to the pot.
4. Wait until the beverage has cooled down and drink it.
5. Drink up to 3 cups a day.
Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory plant that reduces gas efficiently and quickly. After you drink the chamomile tea, you won’t only reduce your gas frequency, but you will notice that the symptoms that usually accompany them, such as bloating and pain, are diminished.
1. Place the chamomile in a cup of boiling water, cover it and let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Sift the drink through a sieve so to easily remove the chamomile.
3. Use honey to sweeten the drink.
4. It is recommended to drink 2-3 cups a day.
Mint is an anti-inflammatory plant that reduces gas that accumulates in the intestines, thus helping to reduce pain and nausea.
1. Boil the water in a pot over medium-high flame and add the mint.
2. Wait for the mint to sink into the bottom of the pot and remove it from the fire.
3. Sift the drink using a sieve, to easily remove the mint.
4. It is recommended to drink the mint infusion after a heavy meal.
This natural drink has the ability to release excess gas that has accumulated in the body, reducing irritation of the intestines.
1. Boil the water in a pot over medium-high heat and add the cumin.
2. Cover the pot and let steep for 10 minutes.
3. Sift the drink through a sieve to easily remove the cumin.
4. If you want to enjoy the best results, you may want to add a little bit of fennel to the drink.
This drink is recommended primarily for people who suffer from digestive problems and discomfort caused by intestinal gas. This is because cinnamon coats the lining of the stomach and protects it against intestinal bacteria.
1. Place the ground cinnamon into a cup of boiling water, and wait for 10 minutes.
2. Drink this wonderful drink after each meal.
Remember, in order for you to enjoy the best results, it is important to change your diet and avoid foods that induce gas such as dairy products, onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, legumes, and carbonated beverages. Then choose the drink that contains the ingredients you like best, and you can enjoy its benefits that will ease your digestive system and reduce gas quantity and frequency.
image source: steptohealth, Sanjay Acharya