While following this method will certainly result in a delicious grilled cheese sandwich, what if we told you that there's a way to make grilled cheese even better? In fact, according to PureWow, the secret ingredient you should be using is mayonnaise, not butter! According to PureWow, "Mayo spreads better than butter does (crucial when you’re using a softer bread like brioche) and has a higher smoke point (meaning it won’t burn as easily). Plus, the oil and egg in mayonnaise brown nicely and add a creamy flavor to the crust."
Sounds good, right? But don't just take our word for it! Simply follow these instructions, and get ready to taste the best grilled cheese you've ever had.
Grilled Cheese With Mayonnaise
1. Heat a nonstick frying pan over low heat.
2. Spread an even coat of mayonnaise over the slices of bread.
3. Place one slice in the pan, mayo-side-down.
4. Place the cheese slices over the bread in the pan.
5. Add the other slice, mayo-side-up.
6. Cook for a couple of minutes, until the bottom slice is golden-brown.