Honey Garlic Shrimp (Makes 2 Portions)
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1 Tablespoon)
• 3/4 pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt, to taste
• Ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons sliced green onion (optional garnish)
• Cooked brown rice (to serve)
• Broccoli or other veggies (to serve)
1. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic, together in a medium bowl. Set aside for the time being.
2. In another medium bowl, add the shrimp and the olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
3. Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Place the shrimp into a pan in an even layer. Cook on one side until they’re nicely seared, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the shrimp over, and cook for another minute, or until they’re just about cooked, but still a little translucent at their center.
4. Pour the honey and garlic marinade into the pan, and cook until the shrimp are cooked through, about 1 more minute. If you want, remove the shrimp from the pan so that they don’t overcook, and reduce the sauce a little to thicken it.
5. Serve the shrimp with the reduced sauce over some brown rice and vegetables. Garnish with some green onions if you wish.