A ‘see-through’ church. A house that looks like an airplane, a train, and a ship rolled into one. A hotel that has Ferris wheels installed inside the main structure. No, we aren’t just randomly making up weird ideas for futuristic architecture. These are some of the fun, bizarre, and unusual buildings we have featured in this article. The architects of these unique structures were clearly going for some out-of-the-box ideas and it resulted in, well… some unreal designs. Scroll on and see these architectural oddities for yourself.
Related: 15 Weird, Wacky, & Unique Buildings That You’ll Love
1. This is a prefabricated house in Italy by architect Roberto Rossi. Its mechanism allows to vary the landscape and direct solar panels.
2. Organic House in Naucalpan de Juárez, Mexico, by Javier Senosiain
3. The architecture of this weird structure raises a lot of questions
4. This wacky UFO-shaped steel house in Texas is designed by artist Robert Bruno
5. Duck House, UK
6. This creepy-looking house is in Sofia, Bulgaria
7. This is a 'cholet' - a mixture of the word chalet (large house) and chola (indigenous woman) in Bolivia. These types of buildings are quite common in the South American country, and their colorful architecture is a symbol of the cultural heritage of Bolivia.
8. This is the Stata Center, an academic complex at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology designed by Frank Gehry.
9. Nope, that's not an illusion. This is a mysterious 'See-Through' church in Borgloon, Belgium, designed by two Belgian artists. It is made entirely out of metal plates. The church is also called “Reading Between the Lines.”
10. Ilinden - Kruševo, Republic of Macedonia. Also known as Makedonium, this is a monument for revolutionary fighters.
11. The Mercedes Benz Stadium, also known as 'The Benz' - Atlanta, Georgia
12. Inhabited natural rock formations in Göreme, Turkey
13. This uniquely-shaped house in Kerala, India, looks like an airplane, a train, and a ship rolled into one! 25 sacks of concrete were needed to build just the foundation while aluminum and fiber cement boards were used for the interior.
14. Studio City, Macau - a cinema-themed high-rise hotel. Those rings are Ferris wheels inside the building...
Share these pictures with friends and family...