Packed with fresh fruit and vegetable goodness, smoothies are a great healthy pick-me-up and are so easy to make - all you need are the ingredients and a blender. When it comes to making smoothies, your choices for ingredients are pretty much endless. In other words, you are only limited by your imagination. Smoothies are great for outdoor entertaining, a quick and nutritional breakfast, or just simply to quench your thirst. Here are four awesome smoothies that you should definitely try.
1. Pineapple and Banana Smoothie
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks
- 1 cup pineapple or apple juice
- 1/4 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and cubed
1. Place the ice cubes, banana, pineapple, and pineapple or apple juice into a blender.
2. Puree on high until smooth.
2. Gloomy Day Smoothie
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup vanilla non-fat yogurt
1. Place the mango, banana, orange juice, and yogurt into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth
3. Berry Delicious Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup strawberry flavored yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
1. Place the mixed berries, strawberry yogurt, banana, milk, and sugar (if using) in a blender.
2. Cover and blend until smooth.
4. Lean Green Smoothie
- 3 cups honeydew melon - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (optional)
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 3 cups ice cubes
1. Place the honeydew melon, ice cubes, grapes, cucumber, broccoli, and mint into a blender.
2. Blend in a blender until smooth.