4. The nail on the middle finger grows faster than the other fingernails.
5. Fingernails grow nearly four times faster than toenails.
6. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average.
7. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve zinc. It doesn't destroy the stomach because the stomach walls constantly renew themselves.
8. Women's hearts beat faster than men's.
9. Women blink twice as many times as men do.
10. Women are born better smellers than men and remain better smellers over life.
11. Men burn fat faster than women by a rate of about 50 calories a day.
12. Men get hiccups more often than women.
13. A man has approximately 6.8 liters of blood in the body while women have approximately 5 liters.
14. The largest cell in the body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
15. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
16. Babies are born with blue eyes more than any other color. The melanin in their eyes needs time to be fully deposited or to be darkened by ultraviolet light to reveal the baby's true eye color.
17. Men have erections every hour to hour and a half during sleep. This is because the combination of blood circulation and testosterone production can cause erections during sleep and are a necessary part of REM sleep.
18. Your nose shapes the sound of your voice.
19. Your tongue can get fat.
20. Noise causes the pupils of your eyes to dilate. Even very small noises can do this.
21. Everyone has a unique smell, unique fingerprint, and unique tongue print.
22. By age 60, most people will have lost half their taste buds.
23. Your eyes remain the same size after birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
24. A simple, moderately severe sunburn burns the blood vessels extensively.
25. We are about 1cm taller in the mornings than in the evenings.
26. The strongest muscle in the body is the human tongue.
27. The hardest bone in the human body is the jawbone.
28. The hands and feet contain almost half of the total bones in the human body.
29. About 32 million bacteria call every inch of your skin home, but they are mostly harmless and some of them are even helpful.
30. Humans shed and regrow outer skin every 27 days.
31. The first ever cell that originated on Earth was a Prokaryotic cell.
32. The colder the room you sleep in, the higher the chances are that you would get a nightmare.
33. Humans are the only species that produce emotional tears.
34. All babies are color blind at birth, they see only black and white.
35. The only part of your body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It gets its oxygen directly from air.
36. A normal human being can survive 20 days without eating but can survive only 2 days without drinking.
37. It is impossible to kill yourself by choking yourself with your hands.
38. Everybody has one strong eye and one weak eye.
39. Your skeleton keeps renewing itself every ten years, which means that every ten years you get a new skeleton.
40. The human feet have 500,000 sweat glands and can produce more than a pint of sweat a day.
41. Nerve impulses can travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.
42. Your brain is more active at night.
43. The average person loses between 60 and 100 strands of hair each day.
44. A human hair can support 3.5 ounces.
45. Three hundred million of your body's cells die every minute...
46. Blonde people have more hair.
47. 300 billion new cells are created each day.
48. Your body contains enough iron to make a 3-inch nail.
49. Blood type 'O' is the most common blood type in the world.
50. Tears and mucus contain an enzyme called lysozyme which breaks down the cell wall of many kinds of bacteria.
51. On average, right-handed people live up to 9 years longer than lefties.
52. It is impossible to tickle yourself.
53. You create more earwax when you are afraid.
54. The body heat you produce in half an hour is enough to boil half a gallon of water.
55. Lips are reddish due to a large number of capillaries hidden under the skin.
56. Pound for pound, bone is actually stronger than steel.
57. You need to use 200 muscles to take a single step.
58. The only part of the body that can't repair itself is the tooth.
59. It takes 43 muscles to frown, but only 17 to smile!
60. Babies have 300 bones, while adults only have 206.
61. More than 9 out of 10 diseases are caused or aggravated by stress.
62. Heart attacks are 20% more likely to occur on Mondays.
63. By the age of 60, 40% of women and 60% of men will snore regularly.
64. Identical twins have the same natural smell.
65. A nose can remember up to 50,000 unique scents.
66. There are actually 14 different basic nose shapes.
67. Approximately a third of humanity has 20-20 vision.
68. Your eyes start to develop two weeks after you are conceived.
69. Everyone once spent around half an hour as a single cell.
70. One out of every 2,000 babies is born with at least one tooth.
71. You lose about 4kg of skin cells each year.
72. Your teeth begin to grow around 6 months before birth.
73. The average person farts around 14 times a day.
74. Your feet can produce over a pint of sweat each day.
75. Around 75% of human waste is composed of water.
76. A full bladder can swell to the size of a softball.
77. Germs from coughs travel at around 60 miles per hour.
78. Human hair is practically indestructible.
79. The small intestine is the biggest internal organ.
80. A sneeze is able to travel at over 100 miles per hour.
81. Only after you've lost more than half of your hair will people begin to notice.
82. Your stomach acid is powerful enough to dissolve a razor blade.
83. Your body has around 60,000 miles of blood vessels.
84. Your stomach lining renews itself every 3-4 days.
85. A human lung's surface area is roughly the same as that of a tennis court.
86. The liver has over 500 unique functions.
87. Your adrenal glands keep changing size throughout your life.
88. Your right lung is larger than your left lung.
89. The aorta has a diameter that's similar to that of a garden hose.
90. Your brain can store five times the amount of information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
91. Your brain itself is unable to experience pain.
92. Around 10,000 human cells could fit on a pin head.
93. It is the waste products of sweat, and not sweat itself, that smell bad.
94. A passionate kiss causes the same chemical reactions to take place that firing a gun and bungee jumping do.
95. A drop of blood contains around 250,000 platelets.
96. You have taste buds other places besides your tongue.
97. You have approximately 2,000 different taste buds.
98. Children grow faster in the spring.
99. Your eyes can distinguish around 10 million different hues.
100. Ingrown toenails are hereditary.
101. Your memory is affected by your body position, meaning that you remember things differently when you're standing to when you're sitting.
102. Your brain can make your think you are hearing loud noises in a condition known as 'exploding head syndrome'.
103. You use around 200 different muscles in order to take a single step forward.
104. Men also have a uterus, which lies dormant on one side of the male prostate gland.
105. Similarly, women's bodies also contain an undeveloped vas deferens.
106. The pinkie toe is largely unnecessary in today's world, and some evolutionary scientists think that it will eventually be lost to evolution.
107. The brain physically changes shape during puberty.
108. A quarter of the bones in your body are found in your feet.
109. Pound for pound, babies are stronger than oxen!
110. Adrenaline can give you a temporary strength boost.
111. A bite from a human being will almost always become infected if left untreated.
112. A human fetus is able to heal its mother's wounds.
113. Your fingers don't contain a single muscle.
114. Your body contains around 2kg of bacteria.
115. Your body contains enough blood to satisfy the appetites of 1,200,000 mosquitoes.
116. When you blush, your stomach lining blushes with you.
117. Fingertips are actually capable of regrowing.
118. Your eyes see the world upside down, but the brain automatically corrects it for you.
119. Your sense of smell is the last sense to activate each morning.
120. Your body contains ten times more bacteria cells than human cells.
Don't forget to share these fascinating human body facts with your friends and family!