Today's lifestyle has led us to spending many hours sitting or lying down, and not enough time exercising. Apart from the negative health effects of lack of exercise, lack of movement for long hours also affects our appearance, as evidenced by the legs, hips, and buttocks that aren’t moved enough while working long days in front of a computer.
To correct the situation, stimulate your heart rate, and feel more vigorous, you may want to try the following 7 simple exercises for shaping your buttocks, hips, and legs. They’ll help you sculpt your body and will also allow you to strengthen your heart and feel more energetic throughout the day.
1. Alternating Jumping Squat
There is nothing like a fun jump to get your heart going, and in the next exercise, you can do this while toning your butt and hips.
- Stand with your legs together and kneel forward while bending your left leg at a 90-degree angle, supporting yourself with your right leg.
- Jump up as high as you can while straightening your legs and lifting your hands above your head.
- When you land, change legs and kneel on your right leg, same as you did with your left leg.
- Repeat the exercise 10-12 times when doing it for the first time. Over time, add more reps until you reach 30.
2. Jump and Squat
The next exercise involves a heart-thumping jump along with a squat that tones the buttocks and the areas below. It is recommended to wear comfortable, well-fitting sneakers to soften the landing and prevent pain in the knees and calves.
- Stand in a position where your legs are slightly apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Jump up and lift your knees as high as possible and land back into the squat position.
- Repeat the exercise 3-10 times for the first time. Over time, add more reps until you reach 30.
3. Outer Thigh Lift
The following exercise is great for shaping the hips and buttocks, and you can do it in the comfort of your home. It is recommended to perform it on a hard surface, such as the floor, however, make sure you do it on a yoga mat.
- Lie on your right side and support your head with your right hand. Place your left hand on the mat in front of your body.
- Bend your right foot forward, lift it up slowly and without sudden movements, and slowly lower it. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
- Change sides and repeat the exercise with your left leg.
4. Inner Thigh Lift
This exercise is an advanced version of the previous exercise, and you’ll feel its effect on the buttocks, thighs, and legs as soon as you try it for the first time, and even more in the long run.
- Lie on your right side and support your head with your right hand. Bend your left foot, placing it in front of you, and hold it in place with your left hand.
- Raise your straight right leg slowly and without sudden movements, and slowly lower it back down. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times, change sides and repeat the exercise with your left leg.
5. Lunges with Weights
The next classic exercise will allow you to sculpt your buttocks, hips, and legs with a basic but highly effective lunge. You can use 2-3 pound weights, and if you don’t have weights, use water bottles of the same weight.
- Hold the weights at your sides while keeping your back straight.
- Perform a lunge by bending the right leg while keeping your back straight at all times. Bend deeply and slowly to enjoy the full effect of the exercise.
- Return to the starting position, switch legs and kneel with your left leg. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times on both legs.
6. Side Lunge with Weights
The following exercise will tone your inner thighs and legs. This exercise requires 2-3 pound weights or water bottles.
- Place your right hand on your right hip and hold a weight in your left hand.
- Move your left leg to the side (be sure to keep it straight) while bending your right leg. Touch your right ankle with the weight in your left hand while keeping your hand straight.
- Switch sides, repeat the exercise with your right leg.
- Do 7-12 reps with each leg.
7. Leg Lift
The slow movement of the leg in the next exercise will make you feel your buttock, thigh and leg muscles well, and it is recommended to perform the exercise on a mat laid over a hard surface.
- Starting on all fours and then raise your left leg slowly while keeping your body straight (without tilting it sideways), then slowly lower it.
- Switch legs (now the left leg should be bent), and perform the exercise with the right leg.
- Repeat 10-15 times on each leg.