Megalophobia is the fear of large objects. This unusual fear, while not often discussed, can make you feel like a tiny insect while looking at a large object. Some of the pictures we have shared below might make you feel exactly like that. Now, we of course don’t want to trigger any anxieties in you. But we couldn’t help but share these fascinating images of larger-than-life things. From humongous trees to huge mountains, these stunning photos may not spark off any fear in you, but they are guaranteed to leave you in awe.
1. An incredible shot of the iconic Kelpies in Scotland during a thunderstorm
2. An underwater waterfall in Mauritius
3. Redwood trees. The tallest ones can reach heights of more than 350 feet (107 m).
4. Mt. Fuji as seen from a nearby town. Located on the island of Honshū, it is the highest mountain in Japan and stands at a massive 12,389.2 feet (3,776.24 m).
5. This is just one picture! The crew was distracted during a storm and the ship broke off its anchor. The boat was then pushed onto the shore by high winds...
6. Looks like a poster for a horror movie
7. An iceberg passes a house in Greenland
8. A full-sized school bus next to haul trucks
9. This is what Mercury looks like in front of the Sun
10. Statue of Nyoirin Kannon in Japan. Kannon is the Japanese name for the Indian Buddhist deity Avalokiteshvara, the bodhisattva of compassion. At 330 feet (100 m), this is the tallest statue of a goddess in Japan
11. A Japanese spider crab (Macrocheira kaempferi) - both terrifying and fascinating. These creatures can grow up to 12 feet (3.7 m) across
12. A person sitting on the edge of the Abraj Al-Bait, the clock tower hotel complex in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. It is the tallest building in the country, with a height of 1,972 feet (601 m)
13. Mola Mola, or the ocean sunfish, is the heaviest of all the bony fish. Many large specimens can reach 14 feet (4.2 m) vertically and 10 feet (3 m) horizontally and weigh nearly 5,000 pounds (2,267 kg)
14. A waterspout (a column of rotating, cloud-filled wind) in Florida
15. A gigantic mountain in Kazbeghi, a town in Georgia
Share these stunning pictures with your friends and family!