Didn’t we all love spending time in the science lab at school and learn some cool experiments? Even though we might not have been good at conducting those experiments ourselves, a lot of us liked to imagine producing something neat and awesome with our science kit. Well, it seems that dream has lived on and common people still carry out some scientific experiments around the world; albeit unintentionally.
Here, we have collected some really cool pictures showing some accidental experiments with fascinating results that were performed or captured by common men and women.
1. This is what happens when you grow a pumpkin inside a plastic mold.
2. Swing a string of glow sticks with burning steel wool at the end and then take a long exposure photo. You might get something like this!
3. Horizontal mirrors put against a shack in the desert.
4. Here’s a frog that has just gobbled down a few fireflies.
5. When an ordinary marble was heated over a flame and then instantly dropped into cold water.
6. No, that's not glass. That's water in a lake that got really, really cold!
7. Ever polished a coconut? Well, this is what that would look like.
8. That's not a weird plant in a desert. This is what happened when lightning hit beach sand.
9. Whoa! The mist around this waterfall has actually frozen...
10. This looks like some weirdly decorated house. But the ‘design’ here is a result of 50 mph (80.4 kph) winds, freezing temperatures, and Lake Erie hitting it simultaneously.
11. It looks like some painting of a tree on a wooden surface, right? But this is the result of wood being burnt in high voltage.
12. When lightning struck a flag on a golf course!
13. Ever seen windmills in fog? Well, here you go!
14. Nature has taken over this boat on a river in Frankfurt, Germany.
15. A bike that was left outside and unattended for way too long. It's as if the moss has created its own colony inside the seat.
16. When someone tried to cook food in Antarctica with freezing temperatures of at -94°F (-70°C).
17. Some might mistake it for some odd piece of modern art. However, that's asphalt after it was struck by lightning.
Liked this post? Do share it with those who love science and nature...