If you’re a fan of soups, then you’re going to love this fragrant and delicious Thai coconut soup. In fact, we will even go as far as to say that it will become one of your favorite soup dishes to make! Try it out, we guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Thai Coconut Soup (Makes 8 Servings)
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
• 1 stalk lemon grass, minced
• 2 tablespoons red curry paste
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons chicken broth
• 3 tablespoons fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
• 3 13.5-ounce cans coconut milk
• ½ pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 1 pound medium shrimp – peeled and deveined
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• Salt to taste
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
2. Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste in the heated oil for one minute.
3. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continuously.
4. Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms, and cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, roughly five minutes.
6. Add the shrimp, and cook until they’re no longer translucent (roughly 5 minutes).
7. Stir in the lime juice, season with salt, and garnish with cilantro.