Sometimes, an act of kindness can lead you to shed a tear, and these 20 photos most definitely show moments that are worthy of happy tears. It’s instances like this in which your faith in humanity is restored. Take a look at tear-jerking, heartwarming photos:
1. This man walked an elderly lady home because she was scared that she would slip on the ice. He now walks her home almost every day.
2. 15-year-old Anthony Borges literally took five bullets as he held a door shut against a gunman on the rampage to protect 20 other students inside his classroom.
3. This officer talked this man out of committing suicide. The man went on to present an award to the officer at the American Foundation of Suicide eight years later.
4. These guys mow lawns for the disabled, elderly and single mothers for free.
5. A stranger helps another stranger to fix his tie.
6. Kids don't see colors or creed. They just do what they feel.
7. This Uber driver drove his client to the hospital and kept him company due to most of his family being out of state.
8. This carer took in one of the kids at the orphanage where she worked because she couldn't bear to lose him when she was due to retire. Here they are pictured 15 years later.
9. This boy donated $20 from his piggy bank to help a vandalized mosque. He really wanted an iPad, and lo and behold, he got one for his generosity!
10. A waiter helps a disabled lady finish her meal so that her husband could enjoy his.
11. A stranger helps a man to figure out how to guide his son with his math homework.
12. Pararescueman Mike Maroney is reunited with a girl he saved during Hurricane Katrina some 10 years earlier.
13. Strangers' smiles on the subway :)
14. An upset 12-year-old boy hugs a police officer during a Ferguson protest that took place in Portland.
15. Elves surprise a homeless man by leaving gifts underneath the bench he was sleeping on at Christmas.
16. A professor steps in to look after a crying newborn baby halfway through its mother's geography quiz.
17. This carer was not about to have any tears on Christmas day!
18. This police officer lends a helping hand to a woman who lost 200 lbs and was running her first 10k race.
19. This nonprofit organization provides a new suit and a fresh start to men getting out of prison.
20. This 22-year-old man from Harlem befriended an 81-year-old lady residing in Florida while playing Words With Friends online. This is a picture of him visiting her for the first time.