Shrimp Scampi (Serves 4)
• 4 tablespoons butter, divided
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ½ cup dry white wine
• A pinch of salt
• A pinch of pepper
• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, and deveined
• Zest and juice from 1 lemon
• ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
• 8 ounces linguine pasta, cooked
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a large pan over medium heat, melt half of the butter with the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and chili flakes, and cook until fragrant – about 1 minute. Add the wine, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer. Allow the wine mixture to simmer for a few minutes, or until it has been reduced by about half.
2. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring often, until the shrimp are just cooked through (around 2-4 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp).
3. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and mix to combine. Add the chopped parsley.
4. Taste and add more salt, chili flakes, or lemon juice, if needed. Serve over a bed linguine pasta and garnish with some Parmesan cheese, if desired.