Have you ever opened a box of chocolates and noticed that it contains less than half the amount of candy you expected? I have, and I must admit, things like that leave a bitter taste in my mouth. When companies use bulky and unnecessary packaging, they’re not only wasting plastic and packaging materials, they’re literally making us, consumers, throw our hard-earned money into the trash.
Unfortunately, deceptive packaging is one of the most common marketing tactics these days, and little can be done to change that. But there is one thing we can do to protect ourselves from such bitter disappointments - be aware of the specific products that engage in this harmful practice. Here are 14 of such misleading food packages.
1. That must have been a real disappointment for the birthday girl...
2. If a sticker seems a bit too large, it could be covering up some empty space... just saying
3. We hope you like bread... because there's practically nothing else in that sandwich
4. This box of popcorn contains less than half of what you'd expect to get!
5. No Oreos detected...
6. That ice cream is a bit smaller than you'd expect, don't you think?
7. Honestly, this makes us really suspicious of everything Oreo sells...
8. Enjoy your broccoli stick!
9. This chocolate chip muffin literally contains a single chocolate chip
10. Your present contains a surprise - a big cube of styrofoam
11. They saved "a little" of that chocolate filling
12. That is one sad breakfast wrap
13. From now on, I'll always make sure to ask and see the other side of a bagel or sandwich...
14. We've saved the best for last. No comment.
Share these upsetting marketing tricks with others!