Reaching the top of a mountain and looking down at the surrounding landscape is an indescribably thrilling experience. We’re not talking about the adrenaline rush, although that’s definitely a part of the experience too. We mean the mental calmness and clarity that grow inside when you realize the scale of the world and your place in it. Do you know what can amplify that feeling even more?
Observing the world from mountain peaks all across the world. This is the experience photographers Marta Kulesza and Jack Bolshaw share with the world. They travel and photograph mountains all across the planet - from the Italian Dolomites to the Southern Alps of New Zealand. Here are 15 pictures captured by the photographers in the past few years of their travels.
1. Lake Annette, Jasper National Park, Canada
2. Berg Lake, Mount Robson Provincial Park, Canada
3. Spirit Island, Maligne Lake, Canada
4. Mount Kirkjufell and Kirkjufellfoss, Iceland
6. That Wanaka Tree, New Zealand
7. The Gran Cir Summit, Italy
8. Bridestowe Lavender Estate, Tasmania, Australia
9. Vermillion Lakes, Banff National Park, Canada
10. Wharariki Beach, New Zealand
11. Mount Birdwood, Spray Valley Provincial Park, Canada
12. The Remarkables, Lake Wakatipu, New Zealand
13. Sunwapta Falls, The Icefields Parkway, Canada
14. Mount Assiniboine Provincial Park, Canada
15. Coromandel Peak, Wanaka, New Zealand
Share these magnificent pictures with others!