Visiting a museum or an art gallery is a special kind of pastime. Few people show up in a pair of sweatpants or cargo shorts to view fine art. We usually try to look nice - to match the occasion, so to speak. A fashion stylist and artist who turned this process of dressing up into an art form of its own is Matchwithart, as she is known on Instagram.
The 28-year-old anonymous artist creates stunning and perfectly coordinated fashion looks that match the color schemes of specific paintings, art installations, and sculptures. With her beautiful photos, Matchwithart is marrying fashion with fine art. Take a look at 18 beautiful examples of her works in the gallery below.
1. Violet Void by Jan Kalab (2021)
2. Flowers For Africa by Kapwani Kiwanga (2013)
3. Bombardement d'Alger by Alain Jacquet (1962)
4. Ciel - 12.01.2004 by Zao Wou-Ki (2004)
5. Sans Titre (Les Méduses) by Micha Laury (2006)
6. Italian Rabbits 1,3,4, and 5 by Claudia Comte (2019)
7. T1982-H31 by Hans Hartung (1982)
8. Visage Ocre II by Christine Safa (2019)
9. Untitled by Pieter Vermeersch (2020)
10. Nymphéas by Claude Monet (1914-1917)
11. Black Green Yellow Blue Pink Mountain by Ugo Rondinone (2019)
12. Jäger (Remix) by Georg Baselitz (2008)
13. Sculptures and paintings by Esther Stocker
14. Torero Assis by Bernard Buffet (1963)
15. Polynésie, Le Ciel by Henri Matisse (1964)
16. Lichtbogen by Günther Uecker (2020)
17. Another by Peter Halley (2014)
18. Prismes Éclectiques by Sonia Delaunay-Terk (1914)
Share these cool outfits with those who enjoy fashion and art!