It is no secret that modern society has plenty of drawbacks. Our dependence on technology, our addiction to social media and the way we are constantly destroying the natural world can be pointed out as some of the failings of the contemporary world.
We are so consumed by our everyday life that we don’t even have the time to pause and reflect on these issues. This is where artist Steffen Kraft aka ICONEO’s work may force us to rethink. His thought-provoking illustrations often depict the stark and uncomfortable truths about modern society. Here is a look at some of the poignant ones.
1. Children's Addiction to Gadgets at a Young Age Is Damaging.
2. When Did We Become Living Zombies? When Did We Become Slaves to Our Devices?
3. Something Needs to be Done to Save The Natural Habitats of Animals.
4. Depression Isn't a Joke and Needs to Be Addressed Seriously.
5. We've all Been Pulled in By Fake News. Beware!
6. Think Twice About How We Should be Entertaining Our Children.
7. Don't Give In to a Sedentary Lifestyle. We Can Do Better.
8. Will We Ever Stop Destroying Our Oceans With Plastic?
9. Animals Deserve To Live In Their Homes Too. Let’s Not Ruin Them.
10. You are Not Obliged to Smile Forcibly Despite Being Overburdened. Be Natural.
11. Why Have We Made Our Computers Our Only Gateway To The World?
12. We’ve Become Obsessed With Wanting More and More While Others Have Nothing. Look Around and Feel.
13. A Divorce Can Deeply Affect a Child’s Development. They Need to be Handled Tenderly.
14. Perhaps We are Now Drowning in the Social Media World. Perhaps We Need To Rescue Ourselves From It.
15. Do We Focus More On Our Phones Than Our Partners Today?