It's hard to keep up with regular exercise, but it becomes much easier if you do it with a friend. Doing things in pairs, especially exercises, provides you with the motivation need to persevere, and the process itself becomes easier. If you and a friend want to get in shape, try the following 6 buddy exercises that’ll make working out that much more fun!
1. Booty Bridge
- Sit on the floor with your feet facing each other.
- Lift your feet into the air and bring them both together.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and slowly lift your pelvis up at the same time without separating your feet.
- Lower your hips pelvis back down slowly.
- Repeat the exercise for 20-30 seconds in 3-4 sets.
2. Wheelbarrow push-ups
- To perform this exercise, buddy 1 should be lying with their hands and toes on the floor, while buddy 2 stands behind your buddy 1’s legs, with their legs apart slightly apart.
- Buddy 2 behind should grab buddy 1’s feet a little above the ankle and lift them up like a wheelbarrow.
- Now both of you should bend down to the floor simultaneously - one doing push-ups and the other doing squats.
- Perform the exercise slowly and at a steady pace, repeating about 10 times depending on your fitness level in 3-4 sets.
3. Plank Patty Cake
- Stand facing each other with your feet on the floor and your weight on your hands, your palms straight under your shoulders.
- In this position, play patty-cake by slapping each other’s hands alternately.
- Perform the exercise for 30 seconds in 3-4 sets.
4. High-five Push-Ups
- Stand facing each other with your feet on the floor, your weight on your hands, and your hands straight under your shoulders-keep your back straight.
- Lower your hips and torso down with your back straight by flexing your hands, lift your body up and give each other a high- to each other with your right hands.
- Do it again, but this time high-five each other with your left hands.
- Repeat the exercise 10 times in 3-4 sets.
5. Lateral Squat Walks
- Stand back to back and bend your knees, making sure to support each other's back.
- Spread your legs into a squat position by bending your knees to 90 degrees.
- Take 5 steps to the right while keeping this position and then 5 steps to the left.
- Perform the exercise for 40 seconds.
6. Medicine-Ball Sit-ups
- Sit on the floor facing each other with your knees bent, your feet pressed against the floor, and toes touching each other.
- One of you will remain in a seated position, while the other holds a medicine ball in both hands against their chest while lying on their back.
- The friend who’s lying should lift their upper body while exhaling and throw the ball to the seated friend.
- The friend who receives the ball should now lie back down on the floor slowly, and repeat the exercise from the lying position.
- Do 20 repetitions.
image sourcce: theodysseyonline, livestrong
6 Persistent Myths about Exercising in Your Golden Years
How to Most Effectively Build Up Muscle Mass
Easy, At-Home Calf Exercises
Best Aerobic Exercises for Weight Loss