Nature never ceases to surprise us. If you look around closely, you are likely to come across curious examples of nature’s unpredictability. For instance, you could find a spherical egg, or you may encounter a pink grasshopper! No, we aren’t making things up. Check out these astonishing photos and see for yourself. These amazing examples once again show how nature can be both wonderful and bewildering at the same time.
Related: Nature Is Weird: Fascinating Natural Phenomena!
1. This is what standing at the base of a giant sequoia tree looks like. Also known as Sierra redwoods, these trees can grow to be about 30 feet (9 meters) in diameter and more than 250 feet (76 m) tall. They are found primarily in California.
2. When a chicken laid a spherical egg...
3. Look at the colors on this phalaenopsis orchid!
4. Have you ever seen such a peculiar strawberry before?
5. This might be one of the tiniest lizards in the world
6. This acorn looks like a little hedgehog
7. A pink rainbow during a sunrise
8. A giant puffball mushroom from Wisconsin
9. A bug that looks just like cinnamon bark
10. No, that's not a basketball with Nike's logo on it. It's a watermelon!
11. This plant has its flower in the middle of the leaf
12. A group of Indian pipes, also called ghost plants, corpse plants, convulsion roots, or ghost pipes. These plants can sometimes be completely waxy white.
13. Have you ever seen a pink grasshopper? They get their unique color due to a genetic mutation called erythrism
14. A jade vine growing on a mango tree. This amazing climber produces large chains of turquoise flowers.
15. This potato looks like some sort of alien forest
Share these amazing pictures with friends and family...