Have you ever wondered what a snake’s rattle or a baseball looks like on the inside? Seems like a childish question, but trust us, cutting things in half can be not just fun but also extremely educational! Don’t believe us? Just look at these 20 fascinating cross-sections of various things found in the world, from flowers to weapons and different mechanisms!
1. A cross-section of a vintage Zippo lighter
2. Here's what a firework shell looks like on the inside
3. A poppy seed capsule cut in half reveals how the seeds are stored
4. A hairdryer cut in half
5. "'Mark Twain Tree' sequoia section with historical notations from year 550 to 1891"
6. A pink rose cut in half
7. A sound suppressor of a gun
8. Various pearls
9. A telephone wire's cross-section
10. A split section of a baseball
11. A cross-section of a tortoise skeleton
12. A small section of the Golden Gate Bridge cable
13. A pine cone split in half
14. The inside of a bowling ball
15. The inside of the camera lens
16. An underwater power cable
17. Adding machines like this one were used by bookkeepers until the 1970s
18. The inside of a frag grenade
19. A rattlesnake's rattle
20. A cross-section of a gun
Share these fascinating photos with others!