So, you’ve probably heard of the northern lights, but have you ever seen them in person? The lights, also known as polar lights and aurora borealis are a fascinating and beautiful phenomenon which can be viewed at the extreme reaches of the world (in the south pole they are known as aurora australis), where large displays of brilliant light (typically green, but other colors have also been observed) appear across the sky in dramatically changing patterns. The lights are a result of a complex physical interaction between solar winds and the earth's magnetic field.
Greenlander Tours offer an amazing light chasing adventure among the fjords of Norway, promising a near 100% of seeing the dazzling lights flare up in the sky. If this looks beautiful to you, wait until you see it live!
1. Like an angel with outspread wings
2. Absolutely breathtaking
3. A magnificent spiral
4. Paint the world in green
5. Can you think of a more beautiful backdrop for a wedding?
6. Did the burning bush look like this?
7. Wild and expressive
8. Less commonly, the aurora appears purple
9. I see a figure in a robe. What do you see?
10. The beacon is lit!
11. A clear, star-studded sky with a tinge of aurora borealis
12. Imagine living here
13. Where does the road lead?
14. Can you see the side profile of a person?
15. Looks like an alien invasion
16. As if the stream is reflected in the sky
17. Seeing this phenomena is so humbling