Mexican Stuffed Chicken
• 4 chicken breasts – butterflied and pounded thin
• 1 5.4 oz package of Old El Paso Nacho Cheese-Flavored Taco Shells
• 1 cup Old El Paso refried beans
• 1 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
• 1 4.5 oz Old El Paso chopped green chilies – well drained
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. In a food processor, pulse the taco shells into a fine crumb. Place into a shallow dish and set aside.
2. Butterfly each chicken breast open, cover in plastic wrap and pound thin. Season both sides with salt and pepper, and spread ¼ cup refried beans over the cut side of each breast. Place 1/3 cup cheese on top of the beans and spoon a tablespoon of the drained green chilies on top of each.
3. Roll each breast tightly away from you, and secure with 2-3 toothpicks. Bread the prepared chicken in the taco crumbs, pressing evenly on all sides.
4. Place the chicken on a baking rack placed over a sheet pan, and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.