If you want a true taste of spring, you should definitely try this strawberry and spinach salad recipe. In addition to being really healthy, this recipe consists of a truly delicious range of ingredients. The strawberries add a beautiful, fresh touch, whereas the gorgonzola adds the perfect level of tang to the palate. What’s more is that it can be used as an excellent complement to a whole range of different dishes! If you’re serving this up next time you have guests over, prepare to be asked several times for the recipe!
Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 1 Bunch Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Make the Salad:
1. Wash the spinach leaves, drain and place in a serving bowl. Break the cheese into small pieces and sprinkle over the spinach.
2. Slice the strawberries and roughly chop the pecans. Add it to the salad.
Make the Dressing:
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar and honey
2. Pour the olive oil in a slow stream while whisking continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Set the dressing aside and drizzle it over the salad only when it’s time to serve.