Panna cotta is a delicious Italian dessert made with thickened and sweetened cream. In this next video, you'll learn how to make your very own version, with added strawberries and yogurt! Send your family members and guests to culinary heaven with this divine piece of Italy, and they'll be talking about it for years to come:
For the Panna Cotta:
• 1 Cup Whole Milk
• 1 Tsp Unflavored Gelatin
• 2 Tbsp Sugar
• 1 Tbsp Honey
• 1 Cup 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
• 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the Strawberry Compote:
• 1 Cup Strawberries, chopped
• 2 Tbsp Strawberry Jam (use sugar-free jam if you don’t have a sweet tooth!)
• 1 tsp Lemon Zest
• 1 tsp Lemon Juice
Make the Panna Cotta:
1. Pour half of the milk into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top, let it sit for 5 minutes, then stir until dissolved.
2. Mix remaining milk, sugar and honey in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, always stirring. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin mixture.
3. Transfer to a pouring jug and whisk in yogurt and vanilla. Divide equally among 4 glasses or dessert bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 2 hours).
Make the Compote:
1. Mix strawberries and jam in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until the strawberries have slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in lemon zest and juice and remove from heat.
3. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve. Spoon over the panna cotta and enjoy!