A double chin is not fun to have. It makes us self conscious, makes us feel overweight and may create distress. While there are methods such as cosmetic surgeries and liposuction that can remove the problem, it is possible to get rid of a double chin using natural solutions and some lifestyle changes.
1. Genetics - If many in your family have double chins, then it may be that the fat storage and water retention in your body have been genetically configured to form this condition. The dieting habits of your family is also an important factor.
2. Aging - Fat deposition, muscle loss, and loosening of the skin are all conditions caused by aging. Muscles lose their strength, the skin loses elasticity, and this develops the double chin. If this is the reason, then simple exercises can solve the problem, to tighten the muscles in the neck and face area.
3. Excess Weight - Of course, the most common reason for a double chin is being overweight. Having a fatty diet can also cause a double chin, even the person is not overly fat. This also has a relatively easy fix - get rid of the fatty reserves in your body.
To remove a double chin, the muscles of our face and neck must be toned. That is best done by exercising those muscles by chewing gum. Chewing gum with sugar in it will be bad for your sugar intake and just create more fat, so chew sugar-free gum to tighten the facial and jawline muscles, thereby toning that area.
Another home remedy that will help you get rid of that extra chin fat is massaging with wheat germ oil. Massaging with this oil in the area of the neck will tighten the skin under the chin. You should massage from the bottom of the neck to the chin for about 10-15 minutes before bedtime. Leave the oil overnight and wash it off the next morning. Done regularly, this method can give great results.
An egg white facial mask could be just the thing you need to make that double chin go away. To make this mask, mix the whites of two eggs with a tablespoon of milk, a teaspoon of peppermint oil, a tablespoon of lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey. Mix all these ingredients well together and apply the mask to your chin and neck areas. Allow the mask to dry for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Make sure you pat the skin dry. The egg white promotes the health of your skin and helps remove the water retention in those areas that cause the sagging. Apply this mask daily for faster results.
Vitamin E is crucial for healthy skin. Consuming more vitamin E in your diet, for instance, will reduce your chances of having saggy skin, as it increases the elasticity and so reduces your chances of having a double chin. The best sources of vitamin E are brown rice, leafy vegetables, dairy products, legumes, sweet corn, apples, soybeans, liver, etc. Start including some of these or other vitamin E rich sources in your daily diet, so your skin will be less saggy and the chin firmer.
Another material for a neck massage that will deal with the double chin problem. Cocoa butter massages will increase the blood flow to the area while keeping the skin healthy. It will increase the elasticity of the skin as well.
Take 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter and warm it a bit. Use the warm cocoa butter to massage the area of the double chin for about 10 minutes to get the best results, and repeat regularly.
There are a few simple routines you can do to reduce the problem of the double chin. You can rotate your neck clockwise and counter-clockwise, keeping your mouth open wide and then closing it. These may sound silly but they help to tone the muscles of your neck.
Tip: Laughing and talking, just like chewing and other exercises, laughing and talking are great to tone your chin by working your facial muscles.
Melon juice is a great skin toner.
1. Get fresh melon juice and apply it to the chin and neck areas with a cotton ball.
2. Leave it on the skin for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse with fresh water.
3. For best results, mix some apple juice with the melon juice and apply it to the chin with a massage for a few minutes.
Tip: Consuming melons will help you reduce weight and it will also help flush out toxins.
A glycerin mask is a great home remedy for that double chin. Mix: 1 tablespoon of glycerin, 1/2 a tablespoon of Epsom salt and just a few drops of peppermint oil. Take this mix and apply it to the chin and neck area with a cotton ball. Leave this facial mask on for about 30 minutes before rinsing. Glycerin maintains the moisture of the skin and the Epson salt will reduce your water retention. Apply this mask 3-5 times a day to get the best results.
You can use chin wraps to remove the excess fat under your chin. You can make your own homemade mineral oil wrap. Apply mineral oil under your chin using a cotton ball and wrap it with plastic wrap and cover it with a warm towel. Leave the wrap in position for about 45 minutes. This method will provide immediate improvement to the area.
For chin exercises, click the link below:
Get Rid of Your Double Chin with These 5 Exercises