Sandwiches are the ultimate quick bite, which is why the majority of people consider sandwiches a mundane and simple type of food. So, one would think that a simple food like sandwiches and fine art wouldn’t get along, but in reality, this unique and unexpected combination can be quite impressive and certainly also hilarious, at times.
These 18 cute and funny sandwiches attempt to recreate famous paintings within the boundaries of a delicatessen. Some of these are definitely more well-executed than others, and different recreations require varying levels of skill, yet all of these sandwiches look unique and worth a glance and maybe even a taste test!
1. 'The Kiss' by Gustav Klimt (1907)
2. 'Girl With A Pearl Earring' by Johannes Vermeer (1665)
3. 'Starry Night' by Vincent Van Gogh (1889)
4. 'Self-Portrait With Thorn Necklace And Hummingbird' by Frida Kahlo (1940)
5. 'The Persistence Of Memory' by Salvador Dalí (1931)
6. 'The Birth Of Venus' by Sandro Botticelli (c.1480)
7. 'Squares With Concentric Circles' by Wassily Kandinsky (1913)
8. 'Mona Lisa' by Leonardo Da Vinci (1503-1506)
9. Untitled (Yellow And Blue) by Mark Rothko (1954)
10. 'Portrait Of Barbara Dürer' by Albrecht Dürer (1490)
11. 'The Last Supper' by Leonardo Da Vinci (c.1490)
12. 'Self-Portrait' by Vincent Van Gogh (1889)
13. 'Signs In Yellow' by Paul Klee (1937)
14. 'Vitruvian Man' by Leonardo Da Vinci (1490)
15. 'Young Hare' by Albrecht Dürer (1502)
16. 'Nighthawks' by Edward Hopper (1942)
17. 'Self-Portrait' by Vincent Van Gogh (1889)
18. 'Mermaid' by John William Waterhouse (1901)
Share these delicacies with other art aficionados!