Your liver is an essential organ that carries out many functions, helping you to sustain a healthy body. It is responsible for processing all the things that you eat, drink, and absorb through the skin. Consequently, it's frequently exposed to many harmful substances. So, how can you determine if your liver is functioning as it should?
Signs of a Damaged Liver
As a result of a damaged liver you may experience allergies, malnutrition, high cholesterol, triglycerides and even gallstones. A liver cleanse, however, will help alleviate many of these problems and symptoms. Liver detoxifying products are available at health food and drug stores, but with two simple ingredients you can easily prepare your own liver cleanse at home.
• 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts
• 3 cups of water
1. Combine the water and salts and pour the salt mixture into a large jug and leave to cool in the fridge. After 2pm do not eat any food.
2. At 6pm drink 3/4 cup of the salt mixture. If you find the taste difficult to stomach, mix in a little powdered vitamin C.
3. At 8pm, drink another 3/4 cup of the salt mix.
1. At 9.45pm juice a large grapefruit - you should end up with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of juice, pour it into a jar. Then add 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil and shake the jar vigorously, combining the ingredients well.
2. Drink the grapefruit and oil mixture (through a straw if necessary) then go to bed and lie down immediately allowing the cleanse to work properly.
3. Lie on your right side with your right knee tucked up towards your chest and try to sleep.