For this option, you will need an inexpensive plastic lighter.
* Hold the lighter upside down with your dominant hand. The bottom of the lighter should be slightly sticking out on your thumb side.
* Next, hold the bottle close to its neck with your non-dominant hand; around the neck, close to the top.
* Now you will have to wedge as much of the bottom of the lighter under the bottle cap as you can. The corner of the base of the lighter would be more effective here rather than the flatter edge of the base.
* Press down the top end of the lighter using the hand that you’ve wrapped around the bottle. This will give you more leverage. Continue prying for a little bit and the cap should pop off.
A house key or a car key will certainly work in opening a bottle cap.
* Hold the neck of the bottle with your non-dominant hand. Then, position the key sideways under the cap. Make sure that the ridged side of the key is under the cap.
* Slide the teeth of the key underneath the edge of the cap and push it upward. You may have to go around the cap doing this a couple of times.
* Keep moving the key under the cap until it becomes loose and finally comes off.
You are likely to have at least one metal spoon in your house, right? It can be really helpful to open a bottle's cap.
* First, grab the neck of the bottle as close to the cap as you can with your non-dominant hand.
* Position the edge of the spoon underneath the cap. Now, slowly try to push the cap off with it using the base of your thumb as a leverage point.
* The cap might not pry off on the first attempt. Make your way around the cap with the spoon using the same method mentioned above a couple of times and it should then come off.
This is a fairly simple option for those who have a claw hammer at home.
* Flip the hammer upside down so that the claw end faces upwards.
* Now, position the upside-down hammer under the lip of the bottle. Hook the claw part of the hammer under the cap and pull. If the cap doesn’t come off right away, just twist the claw part a little and it should pop off.
* Don’t use too much force while using the hammer as you might end up breaking your bottle by accident.
See Also: 6 Easy Hacks for Hard to Open Things
As weird as this may sound, this method actually works. Especially when you don’t have anything else to work with. All you need is a four-page newspaper sheet
* Fold the sheet of paper as many times as you can. Ideally, you should stop only when it’s the size of a small and slightly thick candy bar.
* Hold the bottle’s neck firmly with your non-dominant hand. Place the paper right underneath the bottle’s cap and hold it in place with your thumb. Make sure the paper is tight and strong enough.
* Now, use the paper as a lever and push the cap upwards. It might take a couple of attempts, but the cap should come flying off.
Share these tricks with your friends and family!