Gardening is hard work in itself, but it’s difficult to imagine what incredible skill and knowledge are required to grow something of these proportions. In this fun post, we’ve collected 22 pictures of foods that look so big and have shapes so strange it’s difficult to believe they’re real! One thing we know for sure, we were never as excited about fruits and vegetables in our lifetime as we were when we found pictures of these giants!
1. This monstrosity of a strawberry grown in Japan won the Guinness record for heaviest strawberry in the world
2. Just a very happy man and his giant onion
3. This monstrosity of a carrot is a real find!
4. This is just ONE clove of garlic
5. This pumpkin is SO big you can use it as a boat!
6. Witness a 2 kg (4.4 lbs) avocado!
7. This is the king of all sweet potatoes!
8. "Honey, we'll have coleslaw for lunch all month"
9. Note the egg for scale...
10. That is one impressive blackberry
11. "I call thy Lemonstein!"
12. This apple is a two-course meal: you can have one apple as a snack and the second one for dessert
13. Okay, we know this isn't a fruit or a vegetable, but look at the size of that egg!
14. This is a Giant Grape
15. This is a 4ft (1.2 meters) long tromboncino squash
16. A quadruple banana!
17. This Italian grandma is really proud of the huge tomatoes she's grown
18. Oh my, these blueberries are the size of an apple!
19. Seriously, what fertilizer do you have to use to grow a cabbage that giant?
20. You can use this collard green leaf as a full-fledged umbrella!
21. This enormous carrot could easily give you a hand
22. These eight zucchini are all this farmer needs to survive the winter