Peppermint oil is a wonderful essential oil that offers several benefits to the body. Peppermint oil is extracted from the flowers and leaves of the peppermint plant. The oil has been used for medicinal purposes for several thousand years. There are records from ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt indicating that it was used to treat digestive disorders, as well as skin conditions.
In addition to topical applications, peppermint oil is useful for headaches, muscular pains, joint discomfort, and itching, according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. It’s even said to be useful for treating coughs and colds, reducing pain, improving mental function, and reducing stress.
Related: 12 Natural Essential Oils That Act as Pain Relievers
Peppermint oil is used as a natural ingredient in many hair products to boost fragrance, strength, and durability. Its anti-microbial and potent antioxidant properties are said to be beneficial for your hair and scalp. It may help with dryness, itching, or other scalp problems.
The oil’s flavor, aroma, and cooling sensation are derived from menthol. This cooling effect may reduce itching and relieve dry, itchy scalps. Researchers found that peppermint essential oil has the ability to thicken hair follicles in mice when compared with minoxidil, an FDA-approved drug for hair loss. The findings pave the way for further research into the advantages of peppermint essential oil for human hair growth.
Here are a few quick and easy methods to use peppermint oil in your daily hair care regimen.
The easiest way to get peppermint oil's benefits is by adding it to your shampoo or conditioner. Additionally, your hair will smell great.
However, be careful not to overdo it. According to experts, five drops per ounce of shampoo or conditioner should suffice. Simply use your regular shampoo and conditioner along with the peppermint essential oil. The second or third time you wash your hair, it will begin to have a distinct texture.
Here, you need to add a couple of drops of peppermint oil to about one tablespoon of your favorite scalp massage oil. If you don’t use one, add a few drops of the essential oil to a household oil like coconut, jojoba, or shea butter.
* Combine the ingredients into a small container.
* Shake the container to mix all the oils.
* Apply the oil to your scalp and massage it in. You may experience a tingling, minty feeling. After 15 to 20 minutes, rinse your hair with shampoo.
Related: 5 Essential Oils That Are Highly Beneficial to Your Brain
Studies have shown that peppermint oil promotes hair growth. Another essential oil that promotes hair development is rosemary oil. Make the most effective hair growth serum by mixing the two oils.
* Combine two drops of peppermint oil with two tablespoons of coconut oil in a container.
* Add two drops of rosemary essential oil.
* Mix all the ingredients.
* Gently massage the serum onto your scalp. Leave it for 20-30 minutes, then rinse with shampoo.
Use this serum once or twice a week. You should start seeing the results in a month or two.
Almond oil contains vitamin E, as well as magnesium, phosphorus, and copper. This nourishing oil can soften and strengthen your hair. Almond oil contains vitamin B-7, known as biotin, which helps maintain the health and strength of hair. It is also effective at strengthening hair follicles when combined with peppermint oil.
* Add two drops of peppermint oil to two tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
* Stir well, and allow to warm up a little.
* Apply to the scalp, massage it in, then let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
Related: Have Weak Hair and Fragile Nails? These Foods can Help
Hair scrubs can help unclog hair follicles and improve hair shine. Besides exfoliating dead skin cells from the scalp, they also remove product build-up and clear excess oil from the skin.
Research suggests that massaging your scalp can promote hair growth. Use a hair scrub while giving yourself a head massage to keep your scalp healthy.
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil
* Mix all the ingredients in a container.
* Massage the scrub gently into the scalp for several minutes. It is recommended that you wet your hair prior to this massage.
* As soon as you're done, wash with shampoo and conditioner.
Share this post with all your loved ones...