In the not-so-distant past, I used many kinds of creams and lotions to keep my skin healthy and clear, but I recently discovered that the best treatment lies in my pantry, not my medicine cabinet. The best way to take care of our skin is from the inside, not the outside, and when I started drinking this delicious beverage, I saw a change almost immediately. This terrific drink is nothing more than chai with cinnamon and turmeric – a delicious cup of health, rich in health-boosting ingredients. This article will teach you why this delicious drink is so good for you, and how to make it yourself.
The health benefits of turmeric
In India, as well as in China, and even by some of the North-American natives, turmeric has been known to have many healing properties. Turmeric’s “secret” is curcumin - an active ingredient. It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and boosts the immune system. You can learn more about its many health benefits in this article, but as far as our skin is concerned, turmeric is an effective treatment for psoriasis and eczema, improves the performance of our liver, and improves the flexibility of our blood vessels, which gives the skin a shiny, healthy look.
The health benefits of cinnamon
Like other spices, cinnamon is rich in minerals and other essential ingredients, as well as large quantities of magnesium, calcium, iron, dietary fibers, potassium, phosphorous, and even some vitamins from the B, C, and K groups. Similar to turmeric, cinnamon is a powerful anti-inflammatory and can help reduce the pain from arthritis.
The health benefits of cardamom
Cardamom’s unique flavor and aroma make it very popular as an addition to coffee, chai, tea, and even desserts. Cardamom is a relative of ginger and so shares many health benefits with it. The antioxidants in cardamom help protect and prevent aging of the skin, and act as an effective detoxifier, which means fewer blemishes or pimples.
Cinnamon and Cardamom Chai Tea:
Ingredients (8 servings)
• 5cm (2”) cinnamon stick
• 6 cardamom pods
• 8 cups of almond milk
• 1 cup of water
• 100g (3.5oz) unpeeled turmeric root
• 8 teaspoons of sweetener (such as honey or agave syrup)
• In a deep pan, mix the water with the cinnamon and cardamom.
• Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to medium heat, and keep it going for 20 minutes.
• Once the 20 minutes are up, let the liquid cool down for a few minutes, and then transfer the content of the pan into a blender, adding the turmeric root. Blend in short pulses until the turmeric is perfectly blended with no lumps remaining.
• Allow the mix to cool down completely, then use a strainer to separate the liquids from the solids, pouring the liquid into a sealable jar.
• Finally, to enjoy your delicious chai, grab a cup of almond milk and add a teaspoon of your seasoning mix as well as a teaspoon of sweetener. Mix well and serve hot or cold. The liquid in the jar has a lifespan of 1-2 weeks.