If there's one drink that you should drink before bed, turmeric golden milk tea is it. This healthy drink helps promote a good night's sleep, cleanses the blood, heals digestive issues and is an anti-inflammatory that helps protect against cancer. But its incredible health benefits do not just stop there.
Turmeric is renowned for its health benefits. In fact, it has been shown to help in the following:
1. It detoxifies the liver.
2. It clears mucus from the body.
3. It promotes weight loss.
4. Turmeric is a great remedy for acne.
5. It can be used to alleviate toothache.
6. It helps with pain.
7. It soothes inflamed joints.
8. Turmeric purifies the blood.
9. It helps with depression.
10. It heals wounds.
11. It soothes symptoms associated with eczema.
12. Turmeric helps lower cholesterol.
13. It boosts the immune system.
While turmeric's health benefits come in the dozen, combining it with other ingredients, particularly good fats, will help calm the brain, balance hormones and naturally promote a calm and good night's sleep. The taste of golden milk tea is incredibly delicious too and tastes very similar to warm chai tea.
The recipe is diverse too and many ingredients can be used when making turmeric golden milk.
Ingredients (serves 4-6 servings)
• 2 cups of coconut milk
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp nutmeg
• 1" piece of fresh peeled and sliced ginger or ½ tsp ginger powder
• 1 tsp of grade b maple syrup or honey to taste
• A sprinkle of black pepper (optional)
Note: You can add filtered water to your liking and consistency.
1. Blend all the ingredients thoroughly in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
2. Pour into a saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour into your mug or cup and enjoy all the delicious anti-inflammatory health benefits.
Recipes & Health Benefits of Different Kinds of Tea
Collection - Everything About Coffee